PEANUT BUTTER & CHOCOLATE RICE KRISPIES SQUARES
If - like us - you can’t get enough of the peanut butter and chocolate combination, you’ll love this easy no-bake dessert! Crunchy peanut butter squares are topped with a thin chocolate layer and a sprinkle of sea salt, for a perfect sweet and savory treat!
Make sure to use crispy rice cereal, and not puffed rice or quinoa, to get a crunchy bite.
Makes 16 squares- 3/4 cup (200 g) Peanut Butter Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup (115 g) honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 3 cups (150 g) crispy rice cereal (see note)
- 1/2 cup (75 g) dark chocolate chunks
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Flaky sea salt (such as Maldon), to sprinkle on top
- Line a 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper, making sure to leave a couple inches hanging on each side.
- In a bowl, add the peanut butter, honey, vanilla extract and sea salt and whisk thoroughly until fully combined.
- Place the crispy rice cereal in a large bowl and pour the peanut butter mixture over. Mix well with a spatula until every piece of cereal is well coated. Transfer to the prepared pan and press down firmly with the back of a spatula until the top is even and the mixture is very compact. Use your hands if needed.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler. Whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate on top of the rice krispies mixture and spread evenly in a thin layer. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 30-40 minutes, or until fully set. When firm, cut the bars into squares with a large sharp knife. Store the bars in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.