ALMOND BUTTER BROWNIES
These flour-free, grain-free brownies are deliciously fudgy, a little chewy and have an irresistible crispy top. Our Almond Butter Sea Salt is the main ingredient, acting as a nutritious replacement to the traditional butter. Add some chocolate chips or nuts if you’d like, and don’t forget the flaky sea salt on top.
Makes 16 squares
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (85 g) maple syrup
- ¼ cup (65 g) coconut sugar or organic cane sugar
- ⅓ cup (30 g) raw cacao powder, sifted
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp fine grain sea salt
- ¼ cup (45 g) dark chocolate chips or chunks (70%), plus more for sprinkling (optional)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or any other neutral oil of your choice)
- Flaky sea salt (such as Maldon)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond butter, eggs, vanilla, maple syrup and sugar until smooth. Add the cacao powder, baking soda and salt and stir well with a spatula until fully combined.
- Melt the chocolate and oil in a double boiler (or a heat-safe bowl placed over a pot of simmering water). Once melted, add to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Pour the brownie batter in the prepared pan. Sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top if you’d like (optional) and finish with a sprinkle of flaky sea salt.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the brownies are firm and slightly dry on top. Don’t overbake. Remove from the oven. Let them cool completely in the pan, for at least 45 minutes to 1 hour, before removing and slicing into squares.