PEANUT SOBA NOODLE SALAD
This colourful soba noodle salad is perfect for hot Summer days, BBQ’s and lunches at the park. You can easily adapt it by using other crunchy in-season veggies (bell peppers, cucumbers, green beans, snap peas), or by adding your protein of choice (edamame, tofu, tempeh).
Makes 4-6 servings
For the salad
- 230 g. (8 oz) soba noodles
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage (about ¼ of a large cabbage head)
- 2 cups carrot ribbons (about 3 large carrots, peeled with a vegetable peeler)
- ½ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- ½ cup fresh chopped mint
- 1-2 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup toasted peanuts, roughly chopped
For the dressing
- ½ cup Chipotle Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 tsp tamari (or soy sauce)
- ½ cup water
1. Cook the soba noodle according to the package directions. Once tender, drain in a colander and rinse under cold water. Let cool completely.
2. In a blender (or using an immersion blender) blend all the ingredients for the dressing: Chipotle Peanut Butter, rice vinegar, tamari and water. You should get a smooth, creamy, but pourable sauce. If the sauce is too thick, add a bit more water as needed.
3. Transfer the cooled noodles to a large salad bowl. Add the shredded cabbage, carrot ribbons, and about half of the mint and cilantro. Drizzle with a portion of the sauce and using tongs, toss well until the noodles and veggies are all coated. When ready to serve, drizzle the remaining sauce on top and garnish with the green onion, toasted peanuts, and remaining cilantro and mint.