"CHEESY" TOAST WITH BROCCOLI RABE AND NAVY BEANS
Makes 4 toasts
- 4 slices of bread
- 1 can of navy beans (398 mL/14 oz.) rinsed and drained
- A bunch of broccoli rabe
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil for cooking
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 to 8 tbsp of NUT CHEE*SE (depending on the size of your bread)
- Optional: chilli flakes
1. Toast the bread.
2. Cut the broccoli rabe diagonally into one-inch pieces.
3. Sauté the broccoli rabe and navy beans in a drizzle of olive oil for a few minutes. The broccoli rabe should still be crunchy. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
4. Spread NUT CHEE*SE on each slice of bread (1 to 2 tbsp per slice). Garnish with the broccoli rabe and navy bean mixture. Sprinkle with chilli flakes if using.
5. Serve immediately.
Depending on the size of your toasts, you may have extra broccoli rabe & navy bean mixture. Simply store it in the fridge and use it in a salad on the following day.