This creamy herb sauce is at once fresh, flavourful and versatile. Use it as a dressing for your bowls and salads. Add it to your tacos, burritos or sandwiches. Thin it out with a bit of cooking water to make a creamy pasta sauce. Slather it on roasted veggies or your protein of choice. Serve it as a dip for crudités, or as a sauce for fries or roasted sweet potato wedges. Possibilities are endless!
Click here to watch the step by step video.INGREDIENTS
Makes about 2 cups
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and cut into large chunks
- 2 cups (50 g.) fresh parsley
- 2 cups (45 g.) fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 large lemon
- ¼ cup (70 g.) Lemony Umami Cashew Butter
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil, or more as needed
1. Place the green onion, garlic and jalapeño in your food processor and pulse for a few seconds until finely chopped.
2. Add the parsley, cilantro, ground cumin, ground coriander, sea salt and a few twists of black pepper. Zest the lemon, then press it and measure out two tablespoons of juice.
3. Add the lemon zest and two tablespoons of juice to the food processor, along with the Lemony Umami Cashew Butter.
4. Start the food processor, and with the motor running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil through the tube. Blend until fully smooth. Stop the machine and taste for seasoning; add more spices, salt or lemon as needed. If you’d like the sauce to be thinner, add a bit more olive oil and blend again.5. Transfer to a jar or air-tight container and store in the fridge for up to a week. The sauce will thicken slightly in the refrigerator; simply add a bit of water and mix well to thin it out to its original consistency.
FUN WAYS TO USE THIS CREAMY HERB SAUCELoaded Sweet Potatoes. Click here
Pesto Pasta. Click here
Mushroom Toast. Click here